Minggu, 10 April 2011

Finished Third Trim Tab

No one can accuse me of not wanting to get it right. This is my third (and final) elevator trim tab. It took me a while to get it the way I wanted. Yes, maybe I'm a little retentive. Yes, my frind Norm who's a Technical Counsleor and a certified Airframe and Powerplant mechanic and a three time RV builder said the second one looked fine. I just didn't like it and I kept rebuilding them until I was satisfied! Nephew Spencer helped with this one and he has really good building instincts. He said it was the "Post" in him. I think there are carpenters in his Mom's family and he thinks he got it from them.


This picture shows the trim tab servo installation. I tested it with a 12 volt power source and it runs up and down just like it's supposed to.